2017 Vendor of the Year
Updated April 4, 2018
Eleven companies recognized for helping advance the company’s long-term growth strategy
Ace Hardware is pleased to announce its 2017 Vendor of the Year honorees. This year, 11 vendor partners were recognized for showing demonstrative and measurable efforts to help Ace invest in the brand, fulfill its helpful promise, enrich its merchandising assortment and support its business-to-business efforts – all key pillars of 20/20 Vision, the company’s long-term growth strategy.
“Providing legendary service, convenience and quality is who we are at Ace,” said John Sommers, Vice President of Merchandising. “Our vendor partners understand that and share our commitment to making sure our retailers have access to the best portfolio of product offerings. This year’s group of honorees went to great lengths to advance our vision of being the most helpful hardware stores on the planet with the best brands.”
The following companies received recognition for outstanding service in various product categories during a ceremony at the 2018 Ace Hardware Spring Convention in Dallas:
- Magnolia Paint/Kilz (Paint)
- Freud/Diablo (Tools/Auto/Farm)
- Duracell (Electrical)
- Charlotte Pipe (Plumbing)
- United Solutions (Hardware)
- e-cloth (Cleaning/Home/Impulse)
- The Scotts Company (Lawn & Garden)
- Big Green Egg (Outdoor Living)
During the ceremony, Ace also recognized three vendors for their work in specialty categories:
- Koopman International, a family-owned company based in the Netherlands that offers kitchen and home décor items, received the International Award for demonstrating superior support of Ace International programs with measurable impact.
- NEBO was named Ace’s Innovation Vendor of the Year for its support and growth of innovation via products and programs, including the launch of its new line of worklights.
- 3M received the Ace Foundation Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Vendor of the Year award in recognition of its donations and sponsorship of Ace Foundation and CMN events.
Submitted by: Tom Ketelhut – Merchandising